11.11.2010

Well, I took a bit of a hiatus, but I’m back and ready to take life-blogging up again. I promise to try and be a bit more interesting this go-round.

What’s happened in the last eight months? Oh let’s see, let’s see.

Oh! That’s right. I got married!

I married the love of my life and my best friend. I had my absolute dream wedding. I woke up to pouring rain at 6:30 that morning with a countdown to 4:00 p.m. and an outdoor wedding. The day was long, but worth every millisecond. Hair and makeup were done, pictures, pictures and a few more pictures were taken throughout the day. Drinks with my best friends, mom and sister happened throughout the day in between pictures, eating and staying away from windows so I didn’t see the groom and the groom didn’t see me. 4:00 p.m. rolled around, the sky cleared, the humidity came back and my beautiful wedding took place during a breezy 95 degree June day. Ideal and picture perfect. Unless you ask the guests who had soaked through their dresses and suits by the time the “I dos” were said.


                               


I’m still on the hunt for a new job. Those opportunities are just piling up in front of me. Which one to pick? The one I’m far too overqualified for that would make my resume look ridiculous, or the one that I don’t even have enough experience to even put me on the company’s radar. The possibilities are endless. Or not. They don’t call it a job hunt for nothing I suppose. I hope to be onward and upward soon.

There’s really nothing else to report, sadly. Married life is amazing. I love my husband more and more everyday. That’s a cliché, I know. Has our life changed since marriage? Nope. Not at all. If you live together before you’re married for a significant amount of time, you’re basically married. Now we just have the paper that makes us legit and the same last name. (And yes, I do love having a different last name and being referred to as someone’s wife) I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and instead of the normal “Kinsey” she called me “Mrs. Collins”. My heart skipped a beat.

Yeah, I’m that girl. And I’m ok with that.

Until next time.  Mrs. Collins out


                               

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just found my new obsession. You're words are as beautiful as your heart.